Our Charitable Status

We are a charity, submitting annual accounts that details the money we have received and how it has been spent:
Charity Commission Accounts

Why is a maintained school a charity?
It is our Friends of Collett - our Parent/Teacher Association - that holds charitable status. Being a charity ensures our community understands we are legitimately raising money for the school. We do this as the vast majority of our funds from the local government go towards the high-level staffing required for a special needs school. With between 7% and 9% of our entire budget left for everything else (e.g. toilet rolls, minibuses, children's breakfasts, books, pencils, laptops...) we have to actively raise money for essentials.

See Collett's Fundraising Vision for more details.

Gift Aid

Gift Aid is a scheme that allows charities to reclaim tax on a donation made by a UK taxpayer, which means your donations will be worth 25% more to us at no extra cost to you.

If you Gift Aid your donations we can claim back from the government 25p for every £1 you donate.

This additional income really does make a big difference to our school. Each and every penny we raise is used to benefit each and every child through various projects or simply restocking class supplies – getting an extra 25% could mean more completed projects and more smiling students thriving in life!

What we need to claim Gift Aid
  • Your full name and home address
  • A donation made from a personal bank or building society account (we can't claim Gift Aid on donations from company accounts)
  • For you to be paying income tax or capital gains tax which at least equals the amount the Friends of Collett and other charities and community amateur sports clubs will claim in the appropriate tax year (From 5th April 2018 till April 2019). This is currently 25p for every £1 you give.
  • Using the declaration form (a downloadable/printable copy of which is below) we can claim Gift Aid on all your donations in the last four years and all future donations.
  • Once you have become a Gift Aid donor, please let us know if you stop paying tax or if you change your name/address so that we can update our records.

  • You can download or print the form below, fill it in and send it to our school office:

    Contact Us
    If you have any questions about Gift Aid, please get in touch on 01442 398 988.