What Can My Company Do?The Collett School for Special Educational Needs transforms the lives of young people and their families throughout Hertfordshire and is supported by Friends of Collett. The Collett School is a very special school attended by children from all over Hertfordshire and the neighbouring counties. Our children have many syndromes, including Down’s, and 50% of our children have autism. Two of our pupils have a very rare diagnosis – one who is one of only two in the world and another who is one of only six in the world. Almost half of our children are under the care of Great Ormond Street Hospital. Nearly 50% of our pupils come from financially disadvantaged backgrounds; some are in care, fostered and many have parents who have special needs themselves. Catering for four to 17 year olds, we are one of the lowest funded MLT schools in Hertfordshire. 93% of our Local Authority Funding is used for the necessary high ratio of staff leaving, 7% to cover everything from loo rolls to books. Therefore, even necessities at the school are a fundraising issue.This however is the only way in which the school is poor. We are an innovative and happy school which families across the county fight to send their children to and we are therefore oversubscribed.The Collett School is striving to become a flagship for special education by changing the perception of our children and the way they learn and grow. Our mission is to support the children to grow in confidence and gain as much independence as possible, allowing them to be part of society and to contribute to the community. We have been highly proactive in achieving as much as we can with little money and hard graft from the staff, our parents and pupils. We are now in a position that we need help!We have been required to have more children with complex needs without additional funding and, although this is important to us, we need support in being able to provide suitable and effective equipment. We are trying all possible avenues to raise these desperately needed funds but are trying to be proactive and raise as much as we can ourselves. We want to raise awareness of our school and special educational needs. For many years our school has been hidden away we want to change this and take away the fears many people have about special educational needs and thus improve our children's chances in the world. At The Collett School, we understand that organisations have targets of their own and believe that by working together in a mutually beneficial partnership, we can not only help you to achieve your own objectives, but that you can help us to continue to provide our vital support for our children. We are proud of the relationships we have with our corporate supporters, whether they be small local businesses or large multi-nationals, and we are always looking for new and exciting ways to work together.